Where to locate us? Click here.
t: +420 724 240 359
f: +420 315 629 714
Jiri Novotny (* 1955)
- 1969 started to train his first dog Brona Onyx
- 1971 1st success, when Jiri Novotny completed his first ZVV1 title with Brona Onyx
- 1972 1st litter with Brona Onyx after completing 1st breed survey and 1st show
dogs bred under "z Jirkova dvora" kennel name registered under his father's name
- between 1969 - 1979 "z Jirkova dvora" had 15 litters and Jiri Novotny completed more than 30 titles with the dogs
- October 1st 1979 Jiri Novotny joins Border Patrol (Pohranicni straz) but in his free time he still keeps training his dogs
- 3 months later Jiri Novotny is promoted for his knowledge and experience Deputy to the Chief of training at Central Handler's school of Border Patrol.
Here he meets his first GS of the East German (DDR) working type and immediately falls in love with them for the rest of his life.
These dogs were:
Mek v. Weida Grund
Bojar v. Schotterhoff
Viktor v. d. Elguelle
Treu v. Schafferstolz
These dogs and the ones imported after 1984 from East Germany by Jiri Novotny (they were Gomo v. Schieferschloss, Whisky v. Ritterberg, Ivo v.d. Buschecke, and Bero Frieden Dorfer Flur) create the majority of ancestors of the most of the working GS (Police, Sport) in the whole world.
- October 10. 1981 - April 30th 2001 Jiri Novotny has worked in the top canine functions of Border Patrol (Pohranicni straze), Border Police and Czech Republic police. He has directed the kennel "z Pohranicni straze (z PS)" for the whole 20 years. In this function he had the opportunity to take decision in thousands breedings, evaluate hundreds of litters that were done in the breeding program of this kennel.
- Next to his professional work with dogs and handlers at z PS, Jiri Novotny never stops training his own dogs. He has completed over 200 titles with his dogs so far.
The most successful ones were:
Eno Zeus ZVV3
Arab z Jirkova dvora ZVV3
Got z Jirkova dvora ZVV3
Baron z Pohranicni straze ZVV3, IPO3, SchH3
Gero z Blatenskeho zamku ZVV3, IPO3, SchH3
Lery Naspo ZVV3, IPO3, SchH3
Dargo Ha-Ja-Da ZVV3, IPO3, SchH3
- May 1st 2001 Jiri Novotny retires from his professional career with Czech Police and from now on intends to devote his time solely to training and breeding his own German shepherds.
- February 16th 2008 Jiri Novotny is elected as a National Breed Warden and National Advisor on breeding of German Sheherd Dogs (GSD) in the Czech republic.
- September 16. 2010 Jiri Novotny has been registered by committee of CMKU (Czech Kennel Club) as a International judge for German Shepherd breed conformation.
Jiri Pokorny (* 1957)
- 1966 started to train with his first dog Ajax
- 1973 1st titles (ZVV1, ZVV2) achieved with Jiri Pokorny's 2nd dog Brit
- 1st experience as helper. When the local K9 club official helper didn't arrive he was told to put on the sleeve. Ever since then he's interested and doing the helper work for the club and Jinopo, thus developing his skills as a helper for sport and service dogs. His professional experience is used for the development of the training and protective aids used by Jinopo.
- 1974 Jiri Pokorny meets Jiri Novotny and because of their similar canine interest the cooperation starts and continues till today.
- 1977 Jiri Pokorny acquires his 1st dog with pedigree Hero z Jirkova dvora
- 1981 Jiri Pokorny and Hero achieve 7th place at the 1st Czech Republic Championship of rescue dogs in the individual class and 1st place together with J. Novotny and B. Mracek in the group class
- As a year conscript at Border Patrol (Pohranicni straz) Jiri Pokorny works in Handler's school of Border Patrol. Here he directs the training of 30 handlers and their service dogs. Only 1 handler has a previous experience with dogs but they still manage to end up the course with the excellent marking for the group. Jiri Pokorny gains a great experience with so many service dogs around. As the dogs were trained to protect the borders of the two world orders (Capitalism and Communism) their training had to be very intensive and of an excellent quality. The dogs selected for the service had to have the right temperament and supreme health.
- 1982 Jiri Pokorny and Hero achieve 16th place at the Czechoslovakian Championship of service dogs - throughout the 80's and 90's Jiri Pokorny continues to train his dogs and being official helper of the local K9 club in his free time. - 1998 Jiri Pokorny retires from his job and starts devoting his time to Jinopo.